Jamie Vardy warns Sevilla to expect a tough test on a cold night in Leicester!

Jamie Vardy has joked the plunging temperatures of the east Midlands may lend Leicester an edge when Sevilla visit the King Power Stadium for Tuesday’s Champions League last-16 second leg.

The striker’s goal in the first fixture last month has given Leicester players’ hope of progressing into the quarter-finals and the mood is buoyant after back-to-back Premier League victories under Craig Shakespeare.

The 2-1 defeat in Seville was Claudio Ranieri’s final game in charge and Leicester had to dig deep to keep the score down as Jorge Sampaoli’s team produced a display of attacking verve.

during the Barclays Premier League match between Leicester City and Manchester United at The King Power Stadium on November 28, 2015 in Leicester, England.

But Vardy said: ‘The heat had a bit to do with it as well, they are used to play in it week in, week out. Let’s see what they’re like when it’s minus three back in Leicester.

‘At the end of the day we just wanted to go there and make sure we were still in the tie. The last thing you want is to get battered when you’re away first and then there’s nothing to play for in the second leg.

‘We’re definitely still in it, we’ll look forward to the next leg and hopefully we can get through.’ Riyad Mahrez echoed that confidence.

‘The most important thing was to score there and to keep the dream awake,’ said the Algerian. ‘It is not that bad to lose 2-1. We have all the chance to qualify for the next round.’

Danny Simpson believes the intensity of Leicester’s performances in 3-1 wins over Liverpool and Hull might take Sevilla by surprise.

‘For them coming here, I think the fans will be buzzing and well up for it,’ he said. ‘If we can put the effort in like against Liverpool and Hull again then I’m not sure Sevilla are used to that. That away goal gives us a great chance to progress. We know how tough it’s going to be.’

Bayern Munich keen on Real Madrid forward James Rodriguez as Carlo Ancelotti looks for a reunion

Bayern Munich are keen on Real Madrid forward James Rodriguez as the Colombian continues to struggle to get into Zinedine Zidane’s team.

The story makes the front page of Spanish sports newspaper Marca, who claim Bayern manager Carlo Ancelotti wants the former Monaco man for his team.

Ancelotti brought James to the Bernabeu after he impressed for Colombia at the 2014 World Cup and he enjoyed a strong first year at the club, but has spent much of this campaign on the bench.

Marca also claim Manchester United and Juventus are keen on James, and that the player will make a decision on his future in the summer.

Ivan Rakitic meanwhile is on the front page of Mundo Deportivo, after agreeing a contract extension at Barcelona until 2021.

They report the Croatian midfielder, who starred in the Champions League comeback against PSG, describing the deal as ‘the best possible gift’ and posing on the cover with the Eiffel Tower in the palm of his hand, in reference to the sensational win over the Paris club.

Mundo Deportivo have further news on Barcelona contracts, claiming Lionel Messi will be neXt to put pen-to-paper on a long-awaited deal.

They also say deals are imminent for goalkeeper Marc Andre ter Stegen and playmaker Andres Iniesta.

Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard says Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is exactly what the Reds need

Steven Gerrard has earmarked Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang as the ideal man to lead the line for Liverpool, but admits the pacey forward is in high demand.

Aubameyang has established himself as one of the world’s most prolific strikers, scoring goals for fun in the Bundesliga to keep Dortmund’s title hopes alive.

The Gabon forward was on fire recently, plundering a hat-trick as his side defeated Benfica 4-0 in the Champions League round of 16 second leg, and the onlooking Gerrard was more than impressed by what he saw.

The Liverpool legend was asked on air by his fellow BT Sport pundit Gary Lineker whether the Dortmund man is exactly what his former club are searching for.

‘Yeah, but if he’s in this type of form, he’ll alert a lot of clubs not just Liverpool,’ said Gerrard.

‘He attacks the frame all the time and he gets tap-ins because of his movement,’ the former England captain added.

Aubameyang currently leads the way in the German scoring charts this season, keeping the likes of prolific Bayern Munich forward Robert Lewandowski at bay.

After 21 games played Aubameyang boasts an incredible ratio of 21 goals scored, with the latter end of the season still to play.

Gerrard will be hoping his eye for identifying talent can also play to his advantage in his new role within the Liverpool academy set up.

The former Liverpool No 8 watched on recently as the club’s Under 18 side took on rivals Manchester United on a chilly Friday night in Altrincham.

Gerrard – joined by other fellow ex-pros Steve McManaman and Rob Jones – watched a fractious match end 2-2, with Liverpool finishing the game with 10 men.

source: dailymail.co.uk

Juventus bid £25m for Alexis Sanchez as Arsenal prepare to lose wantaway contract rebel in the summer!

Juventus have launched a £25m bid for Alexis Sanchez, according to Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport.

Sportsmail understands Arsenal are preparing to lose the Chilean forward in the summer, with Sanchez demanding a huge pay increase to remain with the north London club.

The Gunners are set to cash in as Sanchez’s contract expires in the summer of 2018.

With Sanchez’s future at the Emirates unclear, reports in Italy claim that Juventus are set to make a £25m bid for the 28-year-old.

The headline of Friday’s newspaper reads: ‘Here is Alexis Sanchez – Juve, another champion!’

It might seem like a small fee for one of the Premier League’s best players, but Sanchez’s rapidly expiring contract means Arsenal are not able to extract full value for one of their prize assets.

Arsenal have offered Sanchez a contract worth around £180,000-a-week, a £50,000 per week increase.

But the former Barcelona man is not willing to accept less than £250,000-a-week.

Sportsmail understands Arsenal have identified a series of names to replace Sanchez if he departs in the summer.

Borussia Dortmund man Marco Reus, Porto’s Andre Silva and Alexandre Lacazette of Lyon are all targets.

Arsenal take on Liverpool in the Premier League on Saturday as the battle for the top four intensifies.

source dailymail.co.uk

Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney not guaranteed to stay at club in summer, says boss Jose Mourinho amid interest in Everton return

Wayne Rooney made the concerted decision to stay at Manchester United, but Jose Mourinho again offered no guarantees his captain would be at Old Trafford next season.

Mourinho – at the beginning of a press conference which he started with a four-minute monologue about three separate issues – revealed Rooney had turned down offers elsewhere.

Sportsmail revealed earlier this week that Rooney would consider an offer from Everton if one was forthcoming in the summer.

Mourinho, however, would like the striker to stay – and claimed he still has a huge role to play between now and June.

‘I only can say that in the EFL Cup final, with the result 2-2 and with the team in difficulties and with the team possibly going to play 40 more minutes, Rooney was ready to go into the pitch,’ Mourinho said.

‘So he’s not the player to play in the last minute, or to give him a gift to be in the wining final, it’s a player you trust to play and your crucial change.

‘I got as a very strong message from Wayne – “I don’t go anywhere, especially China, I want to fight and help this team in every single one,” so until the end of the season he is 100 per cent with us.

‘Next season 100 per cent I would like him to be with us but I don’t give you 100 per cent. I like the players to be happy and not just to be with me because I want them with me.’

Rooney and out-of-favour left back Luke Shaw are both in the United squad to face Bournemouth on Saturday.

‘Wayne’s selected for tomorrow with possibilities to play – start or on the bench – so since the moment he decided to stay and to help the team and to fight for United he’s an important player for us.’

Mourinho also claimed United own the option to extend Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s one-year contract by another season, despite the striker suggesting otherwise last month.

‘I see him staying with us because the initial agreement to come to him for one year plus us to have the option.

‘So I see him staying with us. An amazing, successful year for him. It doesn’t matter what’s going to happen until the end of the season but now – the goals, the trophy, the impact he played in the cathedral – all of these is more than enough to consider him a success at United.

‘The next transfer window will bring this team to a different level, because we are going to try and bring a few players, which is normal.

‘Zlatan will be fundamental in the second year of this team and I think he is going to stay. But again, that’s my way – right or wrong, I only want people who want to stay 100 per cent. My feelings are that he is really proud of himself and he’s really happy with his situation.’

source dailymail.co.uk

Chelsea transfer news: Radja Nainggolan in, John Terry out?- Fresh Media News

Blues will face battle to land Belgian midfielder as veteran defender heads to LA – latest Chelsea transfer news and gossip

The race is on to land Radja Nainggolan with the Daily Star claiming that Inter Milan “are ready to join Chelsea” in the hunt for the heavily-tattooed Roma midfielder.

According to Italian news outlet Calciomercato the Blues are still in the chase for the Belgian playmaker despite having missed out on signing him last summer. Instead Nainggolan signed a contract extension with Roma but the Star says that they “are yet to give him an improved pay package” and consequently he’s considering his options at the season draws to a close.

His current deal is worth a reported £67,000-per-week and it’s believed Chelsea offered him weekly wages last year of £80,000.

They are likely to table a similar amount in the summer but Inter are also expected to match any Chelsea bid and it could come down to whether Nainggolan wishes to remain in Italy or see how he gets on in the Premier League.

One Blue not expected to be at Stamford Bridge next season is John Terry. The veteran defender has made only ten Chelsea appearances this season and according to The Sun he could be set for a move across the Pond with “LA Galaxy favourites to sign him”.

Out of contract in June, the 36-year-old Terry almost certainly won’t be offered a new deal and in recent weeks he’s been linked to both China and a Stateside switch to the MLS. But the Sun says that Galaxy have “already made their move” and Terry will link up with David Beckham’s former club in July.

Unlike Terry, Victor Moses remains central to Conte’s plans. The official Chelsea website has announced that the 26-year-old has penned a new deal that will keep him at the Bridge until 2021. “I’m enjoying my football and we have a good manager here that has given every single one of us confidence,” said the winger as he put pen to paper.

“I just want to keep on enjoying it and working hard for the team.” If the Daily Telegraph is to be believed, as a result of the new deal Moses’s weekly wages will rocket from a rather miserly £45k to a slightly more respectable £75k.